Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So, who is Lauren?

We are often asked who Lauren is and love telling the story of how Lauren's Hope got its name.  Looking back on how it all began it's really a bit serendipitous.  You see, Denise and LeAnn were busy making mother's bracelets on the craft show circuit and Denise's neighborhood babysitter requested a pretty bracelet be made for her.  The babysitter's name was Lauren and she has Diabetes.  She was less than enthusastic about wearing something ugly and uncomfortable and requested something pretty.  Denise and LeAnn pulled out their most beautiful beads, spent many sleepness nights working on styles and emerged from their studio just a few days later with the first interchangable medical ID bracelet.  Lauren was thrilled with her bracelet and Denise and LeAnn were so encouraged by the rave reviews Lauren's doctors and friends were giving their new creation they never put those beads away.  Since the early days of 2001 Denise and LeAnn have created thousands of medical bracelets for girls, boys, men and women. 

We are lucky enough to keep up with Lauren through facebook and recently asked her to share some of what's going on in her life now and how Lauren's Hope has impacted her life.
 
My name is Lauren Philips, and like many others, I didn't like wearing my medical ID bracelet.  Denise and LeAnn were so kind to make me a fashionable ID bracelet that I would be comfortable wearing everyday.  I was given my first bracelet when I was 13 years old.  I am now 22 years old and still love the bracelets Denise and LeAnn designed for me! They have always been so functional and cute for everyday life.  I have been so fortunate to have both Denise and LeAnn in my life.  Recently, I moved out east to New York City to pursue a dream of mine.  I first fell in love with NYC when I traveled there with Denise and LeAnn to present the Lauren Hope Bracelets on the Ananda Lewis Show.  I always said I would live there at some point in my life.  This past December I moved out to NYC to become a nanny and finish my degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education.  Having these amazing bracelets has allowed me to travel, go away to college, and even move 2 thousand miles away!

No comments:

Post a Comment